I was debating whether or not to post this since it’s literally the easiest and simplest kind of toast there is!
I love avocado toast (I used to hate avocado so much, weird right?), everyone loves avocado toast so I thought I’d share how I make my kind of avo-toast!
There’s a million and one variations but for me, this is a staple – my fave way to eat it!
One avocado, butter, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, hemp hearts – that’s all there is to this perfect piece of toast.
I used a whole avocado, I know some people prefer to use just half but I adore avocado so much I just prefer to eat the whole thing, like an open faced sandwich!
Avocado Toast (5 mins!)
- *unsalted butter (as much as you need)
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced or mashed (you can use half)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts or sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- sprinkle of salt & black pepper
- Toast the bread and then spread butter on each slice
- Slice avocado or mash it then add to each slice of toast.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper and hemp hearts
*I used earth balance vegan butter – you can use any kind you like!
You can eat this for breakfast, lunch or as a snack, I always enjoyed having sandwiches growing up, so I love to have this for lunch, generally after a work out so I feel satisfied and full!