This is a super easy and fast recipe for those days where you just want to EAT! Sometimes I feel super lazy and don’t really feel like cooking, so this is where this delicious and fast meal comes in perfect, all you need to do is prepare some sauce and use any left over (or fresh) veggies you want to add in!
I adore stir fry’s (who doesn’t?!) they’re the perfect combination of everything you want in one dish – the one I’ve made here consists of red, green and yellow pepper, carrots, asparagus and tofu with an wonderful sauce to accompany! You won’t believe how easy it is!
I used a blend of frozen vegetables which saves a tone of time on chopping up various vegetables (keep in mind frozen can be slightly more expensive!) I also used some leftover green peppers, smoked tofu marinated in the sauce which is beyond easy to make and finally garnished with hemp hearts! This recipe is insanely easy and simple, I hope you van try it out!
Veggie Stir Fry Recipe:
- Frozen vegetables (any that you prefer) and/or any fresh vegetables
- 1 Package Firm Tofu
- Hemp Hearts (or sesame seeds)
- Flour or Corn starch
*Usually I just eyeball the amount that I want to use, you can use the guideline on the vegetable package however, usually it’s 1 cup!*
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp red pepper flakes
- Chop up the Tofu into small cubes.
- In a bowl combine all of the sauce ingredients together and stir well then add in the tofu to marinate for a few minutes.
- In a frying pan on medium-high heat a small amount of oil.
- Add in the tofu and (leave the sauce in the bowl) cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the vegetables and sprinkle a small amount of flour (or cornstarch) so that when the sauce is added it will thicken up.
- After a few minutes of stir frying the veggies add in the sauce and stir.
- Let everything simmer for around 2 minutes then give a final stir.
- Transfer into a bowl and sprinkle with hemp hearts or sesame seeds and serve
This is seriously so easy and it tastes really, really good, I always eat mine with rice with some other veggies (usually broccoli) on the side. I usually make this twice a week, my boyfriend really likes this too – especially he sauce, which is super versatile! You can use this sauce for a lot of other dishes, I’m going to try using it in a wrap next time. I hope you can try this recipe out!