I want to start this post off by saying I’ve actually never been the best at making pancakes (I know.. not the best start, stick with me!) they always burn or are raw inside, but since I started using this recipe the pancakes always turn out AMAZING, and the best part is they’re incredibly easy to make, no dairy, no egg, just perfection!
I’ve been using this recipe for a long time, ever since I became vegan I’d want to make pancakes but honestly I have no patience to make an egg replacer from flax, banana inside of pancake batter isn’t my thing either (on top, YES PLEASE), I just wanted fluffy, fast pancakes that were simple to make – that’s why this recipe is perfect!
I’ve changed a few things over time, included and excluded so of course feel free to add in anything to your batter that you’d like, I suggest dark chocolate chips or blueberries, I would do this but my boyfriend prefers a plain base where syrup and fruit can be added!
Fluffy Vegan Pancake Recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or any non-dairy milk / doesn’t need to be vanilla)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter – I use Earth Balance (or vegetable oil)
- 2-3 tbsp water (or milk)
*add in any additions you’d like to the batter such as spices, fruit or chocolate*
- Sift all the dry ingredients together into a medium bowl and stir slightly to in-cooperate.
- Add all of wet ingredients – expect the water, and mix well, the batter will be pretty thick but that’s okay.
- Add water by the tablespoon until the desired consistency is reached.
- Heat a pan to medium-high and add in a little butter.
- Scoop 3/4 cups of batter into the centre of the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface (2-3 minutes) then flip the pancake and cook until browned (1-2 minutes)
- You should have around 9 pancakes.
If you have a griddle this would be much easier I’m sure! I use a regular frying pan and they always come out great every time, nice and fluffy (SO GOOD), I think this recipe is the easiest and best for vegans that I’ve personally come across – and I’ve tried a lot over my time, I love everything sweet!
We ate our pancakes with maple syrup since we had no fruit at home, (this was at 11pm) I usually don’t eat pancakes for breakfast – I feel it’s more of a desert and prefer to eat them in the evening, which another reason why this recipe is great, it’s fast! I can prepare a batch in no time – I hope you find this recipe useful and as yummy as I do!